Students majoring in Genetics may work with faculty members in any department at Rutgers University or at Robert Wood Johnson Medical school as long as the research project has a clear genetic component.
Finding a Lab: Many Rutgers faculty welcome undergraduates to do research in their labs. However, at any given time many labs may currently be full.
This listing shows the availability of research opportunities with members of the Genetics faculty: Genetics Department Research Opportunities
Many faculty outside of the department of Genetics offer opportunities for Genetics students to pursue research. Click here for a list of other Rutgers and RWJ faculty who sometimes accept Genetics students into their labs.
The following web sites may also be useful for identifying Rutgers and RWJ faculty doing research in genetics.
- Genetics Department Faculty
- Genetics Department Faculty by Research Area
- Molecular Biosciences Graduate Program (a good centralized resource)
- The Waksman Institute
- Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
- SEBS Departments
- Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine (CABM)
- Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute (EOHSI)
- Ernesto Mario School of Pharmacy
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School